H4 to H1 stamping question PLZZ Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 stamping question PLZZ Help

I am on H4 visa. My H1B got approved yesterday. I am planning to go to India for stamping.
    1. Is it risky to go for stamping before Oct 1?
    2. What documents do I require if I am change of status from H4 to H1?
    3. What is the earliest I can come back? Do I have to request to visa officer to letting me come back 10 days before or I can come only after Oct 1?

Please help me. I need to go to India uregently.
    Thanks for all your help.

I am on H4 visa. My H1B got approved yesterday. I am planning to go to India for stamping.
    1. Is it risky to go for stamping before Oct 1?

---- No it is the right time to go for a H1 visa stamp

2. What documents do I require if I am change of status from H4 to H1?

---- Proof of your status that your H4 was legal and that your stay in the US on H4 was with an approved I-797 (if not a stamped H4 visa) based on the H1 of the principal applicant

3. What is the earliest I can come back? Do I have to request to visa officer to letting me come back 10 days before or I can come only after Oct 1?

---- You can come back to US 10 days before Oct.1. The VO need not be informed about this nor do you need to seek their permission for this. It is just the rule

Subramanya

Comment

Tnakh you Subramanya for your reply.
      But I still have a question for you

You said its a rule that I can come back 10 days before Oct 1.
      My question is " How will that be possible if my start date on the stamped visa would be Oct 1. Will the immigration officer at Port of entry allow me in before Oct 1?

Comment

But I still have a question for you

You said its a rule that I can come back 10 days before Oct 1.
        My question is " How will that be possible if my start date on the stamped visa would be Oct 1. Will the immigration officer at Port of entry allow me in before Oct 1?

---- Yes, that is what the rule is meant for, to enable you enter US 10 days before the start of your H1 employment and the IO's at the POE are aware of this rule

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X