Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions/Inputs from research & PhD people

Hi,
    My friend is in India working in research field for a pharmacy company.
    He wants to come to US on H1 visa, especially since the quota is still not over, he wants to give it a try.
    I could find many contractors who do H1 filing for IT people.
    My questions are
    (a) Does anyone know of contractors who can file H1 in pharmacy field.
    (b) What is the visa for research in this field? Any group/person that does this VISA.
    (c) If none of the above is available, is PhD the only option.

I am mostly looking at inputs for point (a) above.

Let me know if any clarification is replied.

SJ.

Hi,

I'm from the same background (Research/Life Sciences) I don't think there are any consulting companies for this background who could file H1B visa. You need to first find a job/employer (like a pharma company or research institution) for whom you are going to actually work and request them to file a H1B visa for you.

I did the same. It was easy for me since I'm in US (Just done with my Graduation) and then applied for a job on OPT. The employer then sponsored for my H1B visa.

Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have a list of such cos who can file H1 in this field.
      Or some keywords that I can search for, that will provide listing and/or opportunities available here.

SJ

Comment

Just do a regular job search on monster / yahoo hot jobs etc., and send your resume. Generally on the staff short application form (on the employer web site) they would ask you if you need a sponsorship for visa now or in future. If they are willing to sponsor they would shortlist you for the positon and contact you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X