Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Work Status

Please Suggest me,
    I was on H4 and received my H1 in October 2008. I didn't start working as was pregnant and employer suggested to apply for maternity leave and not to apply for SSN. Now I want to work. Please suggest me, Can I start to work in H1 or Is it too late to start to work on H1, Is my H1 Still Valid ?

You have been out of status for a long time. Your employer is fooling around. Read other forum posts and talk to an attorney.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 to H4 conversion

I got H1 in Oct 2008 but didnot work as was pregnant. My Employer says your H1 is no longer valid as there has been no activity in it since you got it in October 2008 and I should go back to H4 now.
      If I get another employer , the new employer will be able to get me an H1 as I will not be restricted with the Cap ( or H1 Quota ).
      Is this correct ?
      Please also suggest, Should I go back to H4 till I get new H1 employer ? If I should go to H4 how ? Do i need to travel in and out of USA and get H4 stamped ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X