H4 Stamping with principal applicants visa expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping with principal applicants visa expired

Me and My wife came to US in 2006 on H1B and H4 Visa respectively for employer (say employer A) . Visa expiration date on our passports was sept 2007.
    I changed employers and got our approved petitions. I also renewed my passport this year (2009).
    Now that my wife is going for H4 stamping, is it necessary to re-stamp my new passport? or can she get her H4 stamping based on my old passport
    with an expired visa from employer A.

Please note:- I have approved Visa petitions (I-797) (with valid I-94).

Thanks in advance !

Me and My wife came to US in 2006 on H1B and H4 Visa respectively for employer (say employer A) . Visa expiration date on our passports was sept 2007.
    I changed employers and got our approved petitions. I also renewed my passport this year (2009).
    Now that my wife is going for H4 stamping, is it necessary to re-stamp my new passport? or can she get her H4 stamping based on my old passport

---- If you go out of the country then you need to get a visa stamp on your new Passport

---- If only your wife is going for H4 stamping she can show your new I-797 and a copy of your new Passport to get the H4 stamp

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya View Post

---- If you go out of the country then you need to get a visa stamp on your new Passport

---- If only your wife is going for H4 stamping she can show your new I-797 and a copy of your new Passport to get the H4 stamp

Subramanya
      Thanks !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X