New Passport, Changed Employer, Planning Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Passport, Changed Employer, Planning Vacation

I am currently in US and am planning to go to India for vacation. I changed employers earlier this year and now I have also got my passport renewed. So I have new I797 and new passport and my H1B Visa stamp valid for 5 more months is in old passport. Do I need to go for stamping while returning considering:
    1. I have changed employers.
    2. My visa for old employer is stamped in old passport and it is valid just for 4-5 months now.

I am currently in US and am planning to go to India for vacation. I changed employers earlier this year and now I have also got my passport renewed. So I have new I797 and new passport and my H1B Visa stamp valid for 5 more months is in old passport. Do I need to go for stamping while returning considering:

[*]I have changed employers.[*]My visa for old employer is stamped in old passport and it is valid just for 4-5 months now.

---- There is no need for you to go for visa stamping as long as you have avalid visa stamped on your Passport

---- At the POE you will show your visa, new I-797 and get a I-94 valid till the end of H1 petition

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Can you plz respond to below:

Does it matter that Visa stamp for my old emplyer is in my expired passport and not in the new passport?

Does it matter that I will have only 4 months of Visa stamp validity left when I am entering US?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Can you plz respond to below:

Does it matter that Visa stamp for my old emplyer is in my expired passport and not in the new passport?

Does it matter that I will have only 4 months of Visa stamp validity left when I am entering US?

---- Both the questions were just answered. Once again for both the Q's it does not matter

Subramanya

Comment

Anyone with first hand experience....

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X