Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa process - petition required?

Hi Folks,

I am currently on an H1 visa in the US and will be getting married soon. My wife plans to apply for the H4 visa after the wedding. The way I understand the process, she needs to submit a visa application to the US embassy in my home country along with the required supporting documents.

Could somebody confirm that a seperate "petition" is not required for an H4 visa? I already have my H1-B petition, approval notice, LCA and other related docs.

Thanks....

Hi Folks,

I am currently on an H1 visa in the US and will be getting married soon. My wife plans to apply for the H4 visa after the wedding. The way I understand the process, she needs to submit a visa application to the US embassy in my home country along with the required supporting documents.

Could somebody confirm that a seperate "petition" is not required for an H4 visa? I already have my H1-B petition, approval notice, LCA and other related docs.

Thanks....

--- She will need your valid and unexpired (H1B holder's) I-797 petition and other supporting documents as mentioned on the VFS website. She will not need a separate petition.

Thanks
    Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X