X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L to H Transfer question.

Hi,

I have a question.
    I initially came to US on L1 visa for employer A. My wife has also joined me on L2 . I had approved H1 from employer B last year. Till last month I was working on L1 visa. As my contract got over last month , i found another job from employer C and transfered L visa to H1 for employer C. As the L to H process was in progresss my wife went to India . Now i got my H1 transfer approval, iam planning to get my wife on H4.
    I dont have any H1 stamping yet on my passport just the approval. Will there be any problem for my wife to come here on H4?

Thanks.

No. H1b stamp isn't mandatory for a H4 to get the visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for answering my question

Comment

Hi thx1b,

another question. My wife has SSN on L2 visa. Now that she is comming on
        H4 visa what happens to the SSN?? is it still valid and do i need to do something ?? Is her ssn which she got on L2 visa can be used lets say for tax filing ??

Comment

SSN remains as is. No special action needed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

thanks a lot for the reply again

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X