Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to H4

Hi,

i came to US on H4 visa and i got h1b in 2008 stmped visa on passport.i didnt get any job yet(no pay stub).now my consultant is asking me to change my visa status from H1 to H4.

my question,is it possible to switch back to h1 in future.or again i have to apply fresh H1?

Thanks,
    Bhanu

i came to US on H4 visa and i got h1b in 2008 stmped visa on passport.i didnt get any job yet(no pay stub).now my consultant is asking me to change my visa status from H1 to H4.

my question,is it possible to switch back to h1 in future.or again i have to apply fresh H1?

---- If you have had no pay stubs, you might have accumulated out of status for your H1. You can change to H4, but when you change back to H1 you will be questioned about your period of stay on H1 and the pay stubs

---- Ask your employer to pay you all the wages for every single day that you were on thier payroll. Else you can complain to DOL using form WH4

---- Alternately, check your legal status by consulting an attorney

Subramanya

Comment

You will need to get paid all the time by your employer. COS will be rejected if you cannot prove H1 status.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Can you please tell me what are the documents i need to submit to change my status from H1 to H4.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X