Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 COS..help neesed Urgent

Hi,
    I am currently working on L1-B Visa for employer A.I also have an approved H1-B (with out COS) through employer B.Since my current assignment with employer A is ending in couple of weeks.So i am planning to Join employer B by changing the status from L1 to H1.

here are my questions i have in this situation:

1)Can my Employer B apply for L1 to H1 COS.How long will it take for processing this.Is there any premium processing option available for COS.
    2)After applying L1 to H1 COS,if my Employer A cancel's my L1-A can i stay in US based on the COS application receipt .
    3) How long can i stay in USA once the L1 to H1 COS is applied and still pending approval.Is there any time period limit for the stay.
    4) If i get a job offer with another employer C.Can i apply for L1-H1 COS and Change of employer together?

Any help or suggestions in this matter is appriciated

Thanks for you help in Advance.

1. Can take 2-6 months. Can be PPd as an amendment or you can get a visa stamp and re-enter to avoid RFEs and delays.
    2. Yes. If COS gets denied, you will be illegal.
    3. No limit. But beware of #2.
    4. Is this now or after you have applied for COS for B and lost your L1 status? Read about "bridging" on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L1 to H1 COS..help neesed Urgent

Txh1b,
      thanks for quick response.Regarding the question you have related to my 4th question. I wanted to know the answer for both scenarios.

4.a)If i geta Job offer from company C after i have applied for COS before loosing the the L1 Job. I wanted to Apply for COS from L1 to H1 using my L1 pay stubs.
      4.b)If i get a Job offer,after my L1 job is over and already applied for L1 to H1 COS to employer B.

I am going through the "bridging" related information as you have suggested.

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      1. Can take 2-6 months. Can be PPd as an amendment or you can get a visa stamp and re-enter to avoid RFEs and delays.
      2. Yes. If COS gets denied, you will be illegal.
      3. No limit. But beware of #2.
      4. Is this now or after you have applied for COS for B and lost your L1 status? Read about "bridging" on the forum.

Comment

If you get an offer from C now while you are on L1, they can file for a transfer and B need not be involved provided you have a copy of H1b approval.

Bridging should answer the other question.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X