TARP recipient and Visa options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TARP recipient and Visa options

Seeking some advice on my current situation...

I am about to be extended an offer by a large US TARP recipient bank (name deliberately withheld) for a position in the US. I am a UK resident.

This is a senior level (Managing Director) position within the firm with reporting in to the CxO level of the capital markets division. They performed an exhaustive search of the US market but did not find a candidate that met their criteria. They then extended their search globally.

My question is - what visa options are available to them in relocating a UK resident to the US? They are telling me that visas won't be an issue, but I am concerned that...

- I am not H1B eligible due to TARP
    - I am not L1 eligible as I have not been with the company for 12 months.

What other options do they have assuming the above is correct?

Also, I note that there is an April start window for H1B applications for the October fiscal year - what happens if firms want to relocate new hires to the US outside of that window or when the quota is full (independent of TARP restrictions)?

Some more information about me, if it helps, I have 20 years of capital markets and technology experience and am educated to MBA level with a top european business school.

Thanks in advance for your advice and a wonderful forum.
    Last edited by WavyDavy; 05-07-2009, 03:27 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Probably they will apply for EB1 GC and get you the work permit for you to begin work.

https:///eb-1-employment-based-green...nd-executives/

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      Probably they will apply for EB1 GC and get you the work permit for you to begin work.

https:///eb-1-employment-based-green...nd-executives/
      Thanks for the swift reply.

Another quick question... How long does it take for the EB1 work permit to be completed? If they applied tomorrow, how soon could I start?

Comment

Originally posted by WavyDavy View Post
        Thanks for the swift reply.

Another quick question... How long does it take for the EB1 work permit to be completed? If they applied tomorrow, how soon could I start?
        As soon as you get EAD. 2-3 months.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for coming back to me...

I did some more research into EB1 status - I am assuming you were referring to the Multi-National Executive status?

Maybe I've misread, but it seems that to qualify on that basis you need to have worked for the US firm outside of the US for 1 out of the last 3 years. I can't satisfy such a criteria.

Have I misunderstood, or were you suggesting I could be EB1 eligible on a different basis?

Many Thanks!

Comment

There are so many different ways one could qualify for EB1 or the company may be using other options. You need to talk to the HR as to what their plan of action for your immigration is as we are trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X