Applying for B1 visa when H1 is in process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for B1 visa when H1 is in process

My company has applied H1b visa for me this year.
    I am still to receive the receipt number from USCIS. Meanwhile they want me to go to US urgently and are speaking of sending me on B1 visa. I want to know if I apply for B1 now , will it have any further implications/problems in my H1b processing ? Is it legal to file for both visas simultaneously ?

Thanks a lot.

My company has applied H1b visa for me this year.
    I am still to receive the receipt number from USCIS. Meanwhile they want me to go to US urgently and are speaking of sending me on B1 visa. I want to know if I apply for B1 now , will it have any further implications/problems in my H1b processing ? Is it legal to file for both visas simultaneously ?

---- Yes, you can apply for a B1 visa irrespective of any other visas that may be in progress. There are no legal issues here

Subramanya

Comment

This is fictional, but does anyone have any knowledge about the below situation.

Assume, you have an H1B and a B1/B2 visas stamped.
      Can you travel to the US with the B1 visa without risking the H1B visa?
      Or will there be a conflict of intent?

It's a question that has been on my mind for a long time now, and I haven't come across any post that answers this.

Any ideas?

Comment

This is fictional, but does anyone have any knowledge about the below situation.

Assume, you have an H1B and a B1/B2 visas stamped.
        Can you travel to the US with the B1 visa without risking the H1B visa?
        Or will there be a conflict of intent?

It's a question that has been on my mind for a long time now, and I haven't come across any post that answers this.

---- Yes, you can. At the POE declare your intention of entering the US on B1 and you will get a I-94 for B1. Your H1 will still remain valid

---- However, you may not be able to work or engage in gainful employment while on B1. If you decide to get onto H1 you have leave the US and enter on H1. At the POE declare your intention of entering on H1, but with valid visa and employment offer letter

---- One can be only one visa status at a given point. Other valid visas stamped on a Passport remain valid till their validity

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X