Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Renewal and validity period

Hi,

My H1B is due for renewal in 5 months. My six years will be completed in Sept 2010.

My I140 is approved for more than 8 months now. I want to know what will be tha validity on my renewed visa? (till Sept 2010 OR for next 3 years)?

Regards,

My H1B is due for renewal in 5 months. My six years will be completed in Sept 2010.

My I140 is approved for more than 8 months now. I want to know what will be tha validity on my renewed visa? (till Sept 2010 OR for next 3 years)?

---- If you indicate on your application that your I-140 is approved, provide a copy of the same and request for extesnion of 3 years you will get a H1 petition renewal for 3 years.

---- Your visa is a separate issue

Subramanya

Comment

Once you get an approved I797 for 3 years based on the I140, you can apply for the visa and get it till the end of the renewed 3 year term. Just submit both I797s if you go for stamping before Sept 2010.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B renewal after 6 years?

At what stage does the green card application process needs to be reached before one can renew H1B beyond 6 years ?????

For eg. can H1B be renewed after 6 years, say when only PERM is filed ?????

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X