Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Reclaim

Hi Experts ,

I was issued a H1-B in October - 2003 and I went to USA in July 2004. My first H1-B expired in July 2006 and I renewed it and I was given extension till April -2009. I left USA in September 2008 for further studies ( one year MBA) in UK. And now my visa have expired in april-2009. But I have lived and worked in USA for only 4 years ( July 2004 to Sept-2008). I know there are some provisions to claim 2 year left for my visa. I just wanted to check how can I approach it. Is it possible that i find a job in USA and my employer can transfer my H1-B. Or do I have to start altogether a new application.

Thanks in advance
    Ti

I was issued a H1-B in October - 2003 and I went to USA in July 2004. My first H1-B expired in July 2006 and I renewed it and I was given extension till April -2009. I left USA in September 2008 for further studies ( one year MBA) in UK. And now my visa have expired in april-2009. But I have lived and worked in USA for only 4 years ( July 2004 to Sept-2008). I know there are some provisions to claim 2 year left for my visa. I just wanted to check how can I approach it.

Is it possible that i find a job in USA and my employer can transfer my H1-B. Or do I have to start altogether a new application.

---- What you say is exactly right. You should go ahead and find an employer to transfer your H1. You don't need to start all over again

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X