Delay in H1 extension processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in H1 extension processing

I have applied for H1 (H4 my spouse) extension and got the ackwoledgement for same.. Lead time H1 for processing is aorund two months (that I came to know from USCIS site).. It has been around 2 and half months since I have got the reciept from USCIS about H1 filing..

I queried the status at USCIS and it is still recievedand pending even after 2 and hafl months.

Is that delay in processing common or there could be something wrong in processing? Do I need to do something to exepdite and making the process through?

Regards
    Gaurav

I have applied for H1 (H4 my spouse) extension and got the ackwoledgement for same.. Lead time H1 for processing is aorund two months (that I came to know from USCIS site).. It has been around 2 and half months since I have got the reciept from USCIS about H1 filing..

I queried the status at USCIS and it is still recievedand pending even after 2 and hafl months.

Is that delay in processing common or there could be something wrong in processing? Do I need to do something to exepdite and making the process through?

Regards
    Gaurav

--- Pretty much the only thing you can do is wait. Few of my friends are in the same boat with regards to the H1B extensions. Contacting the USCIS by yourself won't change much as they typically tell you the same thing that is showing on the website status.

One possible way to get more information is for your employer (petitioner) to contact the USCIS and try and get more information. That *could* help. Also, if you want a quick response, premium processing would help.

Thanks
    Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X