Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension denied and reapplied - V urgent help

Hi,

I have a unique situation here, my H1 Visa got expired on 04/30. My company applied for extension in March but that got denied after RFE, then my company re-applied H1 Visa on a premium filing on May 14th. This time Visa got approved but INS did not give extension ( I94) and hence I have to travel back to India and do my stamping. The reason for extension denial was, I was out of status for couple of days.

Now I have to immediately go back to India and get my Visa stamped. My qs is , do I need to go to Mumbai consulate for stamping (that’s where my previous Visa was stamped and that’s the consulate mentioned on I797) or is it ok to visit any consulate ( like New Delhi). Also, if I go to any consulate other then Mumbai, do I need to fill I-824? The reason I want to avoid Mumbai is, they need all documents 5days prior to appointment.

Also what are the chances for successful stamping in this scenario? Is there anything that I need to know beforehand or be prepared with?

PS : My Company filed H4 immediately after my H1 extension was denied for the first time. My lawyer is willing to give document which will say about my Out of status and how H4 was filed before sending H1 for premium processing.

Your quick help and response will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,
    AJ

same

Sorry i am not responding here to your querry though, but am in a similar kind of situation. My H1 extension is still pending and it was applied on april 3rd.May i please know for how long were you out of status?I was out of status too for an year, and hence have no hopes on extension. But my employer suggested to go for extension despite instead of applying for new H1, so i guess i would be too late for even applying for new H1 by the time i get to know the outcome of my current extension.

Comment

Arround 3-4 days... my company took some time in understanding the situation and taking decision for new H1. I applied for H4 as soon as I heard about the denial. Hope things work out for you! Good Luck.

Experts, any luck on my query?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X