Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I129 - Petition for Non Immigrant worker case re-opened

Hi all,

I am on a H1 from past 2 and half years or so. H1 expires in 2011. Today i received a mail from USCIS saying this... copying the email content.

Current Status: Case reopened or reconsidered based on USCIS determination, and the case is now pending.

We reopened this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER on May 29, 2009, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.
    I'm kind of worried about this and wanted to find out if anyone else is in a similar situation. I've not gone out of status anytime. Could this be because of all the changes happening in terms of stricter visa rules? Any advice on this would be really helpful...

thanks in advance.

Did they send this to you or your employer? (I guess employer)
    It may be regular process or your employer (if a desi body shopper) may be under scrutiny by USCIS.
    If you have been paid continuously and have a current/future project, you need not worry too much.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Did they send this to you or your employer? (I guess employer)
      It may be regular process or your employer (if a desi body shopper) may be under scrutiny by USCIS.
      If you have been paid continuously and have a current/future project, you need not worry too much.
      Thanks for your response kabkaba. I recieved this in my email which is what i'm confused about. I have forwarded the email to the attorney of the company and waiting for thier response on this. The email mentioned that a letter would be posted to my physical address as well. I work as a full time employee in a biotech company (not a desi one) - IT field. Yes i'm being payed and have my status and everything (in terms of docs) valid. So still not really sure as to why this happened.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X