Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to work with Old Employer.

Hello All,

As you all know about my current situation. I was working for company A then transferred my visa to company B, worked there for 8 days now want to work for Company A again. What do I need to do to start working for Employer “A” Again. Do I have to transfer my visa to company A.

I need your advice and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

If employer "A" have NOT revoked your h1b petition then there is no problem at all. You can go back and work with employer "A" as if nothing was happened.

However, if you have signed any agreement with employer "B" then play it safe.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Originally posted by itzprams View Post
      If employer "A" have NOT revoked your h1b petition then there is no problem at all. You can go back and work with employer "A" as if nothing was happened.

Thanks for your reply. Employment with Employer B was totally at 'will'. Employer A didnt revoke my H1 at all and he is willing to take me.

Comment

--- If a person who initially worked for Emp. A, gets his visa transferred to Emp. B and starts working for Emp. B and wants to go back to Emp. A, shouldn't Emp. A file for a H1B visa transfer for the employee to work for them again. Kindly clarify as I was under this notion that even if Emp. A did not revoke the original H1B, the employee cannot go back to work for Emp. A unless a visa transfer has been applied.

Thanks
        Rajesh

Comment

Kindly clarify as I was under this notion that even if Emp. A did not revoke the original H1B, the employee cannot go back to work for Emp. A unless a visa transfer has been applied.
          FYI

I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Thanks itzprams,

I read the FAQs. I guess you wanted me to refer to the question where a person files for a transfer from Company X to Y, gets the transfer approved (question does not say if the person starts working for Y though) and wants to work for X again.

In the case of the OP, he has already worked for 8 days for Company Y, which means he has terminated his employment with X (there is no mention of a con-current H1B filing mentioned in his post). This is why I am kind of confused when you replied to his/her query.

Thanks again
            Rajesh

Comment

Well, here is one similar post.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X