Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4'S I-94 VALIDITY different from i797 at poe

hi all,
    i am on h4 and entered us on nov'07.(visa valid until dec'09)meanwhile my husband had changed his initial company and joined another one...the transfer of h1b was approved and at the same time my extension was also applied for and was successful and got our i797 with a new i94 until july'10.
    i had been to india and came back to ohare chicago.there at the poe the officer had given me a i94 date which is valid till dec'09 even on me showing my new i797..(the officer had even noted down the recipet no of my i797 on my passport)i realised this a little later and when i went to the cbp office at the airport they told me that the concerned officer was on leave and they didnt know how he stamped that date and they could not do anything more and contacted immigration...but when i contacted immigration via phone..they said h4's status is valid until principal aliens status and if my husbands i-94 is ju''10(which is the case)mine also i valid irrespective of the i94 at poe....and then when i contacted the immigration for some more clarification another lady told me that the problem can be corrected only at the cbp office so please go back???i am confused as to what to do now??
    please anybody help me .
    regs
    parameshwari

The problem can only be corrected at CBP office.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thank u for the suggestion..
      i had been to the same cbp office loacated inside the airport and there was a different officer today and he seemd more considerate and checked the details and gave me a new i-94 with a date one month beyond my i-797

parameshwari

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X