Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Status between H1 approval date n job start date.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status between H1 approval date n job start date.

I was on L1 visa with Comp A until end of Feb. I have pay stubs for upto Jan n went on unpaid vacation in Feb. In the last week of Jan I applied for COS from L1 to H1B with comp B which got approved last week of March but comp B gave me an offer letter starting from May. Since May I have been working with Comp B.
    1. Have I been in status between the period of H1B approval (March last week) and my start date with Comp B (May 1st week)?
    2. I now have an job offer from company C, is it advisable to apply for a H1 transfer with just one pay stub from B and vacation letter for Feb n Jan pay stub from A?
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Atlanta

Please Advise.
    Thank You.
    Last edited by draj; 06-08-2009, 12:31 PM.

Originally posted by draj View Post
    I was on L1 visa with Comp A until end of Feb. I have pay stubs for upto Jan n went on unpaid vacation in Feb. In the last week of Jan I applied for COS from L1 to H1B with comp B which got approved last week of March but comp B gave me an offer letter starting from May. Since May I have been working with Comp B.
    1. Have I been in status between the period of H1B approval (March last week) and my start date with Comp B (May 1st week)?
    2. I now have an job offer from company C, is it advisable to apply for a H1 transfer with just one pay stub from B and vacation letter for Feb n Jan pay stub from A?
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Atlanta

Please Advise.
    Thank You.
    1. You were in H1B status. It doesn't matter what offer letter you got from your employer. what is important is what your employer told USCIS when filed petition. If it's approved, your employer got to pay from that date. You're employee of that company.
    2. Your company C would be able to advise you better on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X