L1-H1B COS but still working for L1B employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-H1B COS but still working for L1B employer

I came to US on L1 and also had a previous H1.I did a L1-H1 COS.

L1-H1 COS was approved on March 2 week of 2009.its been almost more than 90 days that I am still continuing with L1 employer and didnt join H1 employer because of bad job market.

I am planning to join my H1B employer in next 2-4 weeks.

1) Can i join H1B employer now.
    2) I have not worked with H1B employer for 90 days and worked for L1 employer - what are the future problems due to this.
    3) Will it affect my future green card/transfer/extension processing.
    4) Since I have violated 90 days - i heard that i can join H1B employer in 180 days time - is that true.

There are tons of posts on this topic. Search and read the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by anil1977_sap View Post
      I came to US on L1 and also had a previous H1.I did a L1-H1 COS.

L1-H1 COS was approved on March 2 week of 2009.its been almost more than 90 days that I am still continuing with L1 employer and didnt join H1 employer because of bad job market.

I am planning to join my H1B employer in next 2-4 weeks.

2) I have not worked with H1B employer for 90 days and worked for L1 employer - what are the future problems due to this.
      4) Since I have violated 90 days - i heard that i can join H1B employer in 180 days time - is that true.
      You need to talk to a good attorney as you have messed up your status.
      You are out of status for not working on H1 and get paid as well as you worked illegally for L1 Employer. Yes, it could mess up gc process.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Please reply clearly for the below questions

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X