• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Letter for Extension

Guys,

I really need suggestions on this....

History:
    Working on H1-B visa since July 2007, never on bench, always paid and filed taxes correctly. Visa and I-94 will expire on Oct 1, 2009. My Employer is trying to file an extension this week and requested me to gather some documents like Client Letter from my Reporting Manger where I am working right now.

My Employer is a small consultancy where the hiring chain is like My Employer + Prime Vendor + Client.

Client is big and famous company (Top 100). I asked my manager for client letter or email stating that "I am working as a 'Designation' on a contract basis and will need his services in future"'. But my manager refuses to issue any kind of email or letter and said he is not allowed to issue that kind of letters.

Now my Prime Vendor is ready to give me the letter including my roles and responsibilities, client location and period of employment etc.

Question is:
    1. For my next 3 years extension, Is the prime vendor letter is sufficient if he mention in the letter like "Mr......... is working as a 'Designation' at 'Location' from July 2007 on a contract basis etc.

2. Do I need to mention in the letter that the Client policies are prohibiting to issue any kind of letter supporting contractors and all inquiries can handle prime vendor etc.

3. Do I have any other options here to get these things done.

Gurus please help me....

Client letter is not mandatory. Most recent pay stubs (and W2) will be enough.
    Incase asked, you can give Primary vendor letter.
    If asked for more, you can give a copy of your badge and Outlook contact details (screen print) etc at client location.

Comment

Thanks a lot and appreciate your reply...

Leo

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X