Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping at chennai - PIMS Delay

Hi,

I had attended Visa interview at chennai consulate for H1B visa on 2nd June 2009. This is the Visa renewal scenario and i had the extended I-797 Petition.

Interview went well and at the end of it, i was been told that my petition details are not there in PIMS database. It would take couple of days for the Visa to get processed.

Its almost a week now and i didnt hear anything from the consulate/VFS yet about the H1B visa. Could anyone let me know how long does it typically take for the visa to be stamped in this scanario? Anyone who has underwent this, pls share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Ramya,

I need a your valuable suggestions in the following scenario.... Your help will be highly appreciated.

Here is my situtation

I entered US in 2004 in F1 Visa and i got my H1 in 2005. I stayed in a company ABC till September 2008. I transfered my H1 to another company in Sep 2008 and got laid off in Jan 2009. Again i transferred to a different company but my H1 transfer got denied. Again i applied to another company for a transfer and got approval on July 10th 2009. USCIS send me 797B and mentioned that i need to get my visa stamped and return to US. They also mentioned that they send all my documents to Chennai consulate. So i am planning to go to chennai on 23rd July. I have my spouse along with me.

How is the chances in Chennai for this case?.

Kindly advice in this regard Plz.....

Comment

Hi Ramya,

Did you receive your Passport/Visa, how long did it take. Presently I got into the same status, attended my interview on 26/08/09, still waiting for passport after 2 weeks...

Any info would be useful to me.

Thanks,
      -Kumar

Originally posted by ramyaraj View Post
      Hi,

I had attended Visa interview at chennai consulate for H1B visa on 2nd June 2009. This is the Visa renewal scenario and i had the extended I-797 Petition.

Interview went well and at the end of it, i was been told that my petition details are not there in PIMS database. It would take couple of days for the Visa to get processed.

Its almost a week now and i didnt hear anything from the consulate/VFS yet about the H1B visa. Could anyone let me know how long does it typically take for the visa to be stamped in this scanario? Anyone who has underwent this, pls share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

PMI Query

Even I am sailing in same boat, I attended interview today VO told your Visa is approved and he told my h1 petition not available in PMI system it will take 5 working days to get my passport..

keeping my fingers crossed..

Originally posted by kumar2009 View Post
        Hi Ramya,

Did you receive your Passport/Visa, how long did it take. Presently I got into the same status, attended my interview on 26/08/09, still waiting for passport after 2 weeks...

Thanks,
        -Kumar

Comment

PIMS Query

Kumar/Ramya.
          Did you receive your passport?

Originally posted by kumar2009 View Post
          Hi Ramya,

Thanks,
          -Kumar

Comment

This problem has been even in 2008 and people eventually get the visas stamped. Somebody in another forum recommended emailing the Chennai US Consulate via email about your case:
            [email protected]
            Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

PIMS Query

Thanks topcatin, I did send an email got reply back telling to wait for few days more not sure how many days more..

Originally posted by topcatin View Post
              This problem has been even in 2008 and people eventually get the visas stamped. Somebody in another forum recommended emailing the Chennai US Consulate via email about your case:
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by rider50 View Post
                Thanks topcatin, I did send an email got reply back telling to wait for few days more not sure how many days more..
                -- there is no time frame decided, search in this forum you will find lots of PIMS related posts.
                this is the Hidden process by consulate/embassy with USCIS.
                I hope you guys understand wait and watch, yes keep sending email for your satisfaction.
                --- OMM

Comment

H1B visa Delay

my wife went for her H1B visa interview on September 1. Everything went well..they said pp would arrive in a week. 1 week later consulate calls and asks to send a scanned copy of I797. After that...no updates. any ideas???
                  Last edited by p2s2han; 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

PIMS Query

Hi P2s2han, is it for new h1b stamping or extension? if it is extension i guess its bcoz of PIMS query.. you have to wait likes us

Originally posted by p2s2han View Post
                    my wife went for her H1B visa interview on September 1. Everything went well..they said pp would arrive in a week. 1 week later consulate calls and asks to send a scanned copy of I797. After that...no updates. any ideas???

Comment

it is for new H-1B. But she was on F-1OPT before. So basically change of status. I think PIMS is true for both extension and change of status.
                      Last edited by p2s2han; 09-17-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Strange..I was in similar position. F1-OPT and then was on H1 for a few months and went for my stamping. Got it pretty quick.
                        Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Rider50..my wife got the visa on September 18th. 2-3 weeks wait is probably the norm. All the best!

Originally posted by rider50 View Post
                          Hi P2s2han, is it for new h1b stamping or extension? if it is extension i guess its bcoz of PIMS query.. you have to wait likes us

Comment

Congrats to everyone

Hi p2s2han and everyone,
                            congrats, even my passport on its way.. I enquired through VFS and Dos both of them confirmed... for me it took 7 working days....

Originally posted by p2s2han View Post
                            Rider50..my wife got the visa on September 18th. 2-3 weeks wait is probably the norm. All the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X