Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 & h1

Hi,
    I am issued H4 on 5-may-09 and I am planning to travel back to US next week. MEanwhile on 5-June-09, my H1 got approved with the company I am planning to work with in the future. The activation date is 01-oct-09. I have below 2 questions.

1. Would I be allowed to US with my H4 though my H1 is approved?
    2. In October, if I dont exit and get the H1 stamping done on my passport, will my H4 be active? Would I be out of status if I dont get the H1 stamping done and would like to remain on H4?

Any info in this regard would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

I am issued H4 on 5-may-09 and I am planning to travel back to US next week. MEanwhile on 5-June-09, my H1 got approved with the company I am planning to work with in the future. The activation date is 01-oct-09. I have below 2 questions.

1. Would I be allowed to US with my H4 though my H1 is approved?

---- Yes, ou can come to the US on h4. However, the I-94 will be only for H4

2. In October, if I dont exit and get the H1 stamping done on my passport, will my H4 be active? Would I be out of status if I dont get the H1 stamping done and would like to remain on H4?

---- You cannot H1 visa stamping done on your Passport without exiting te US. You can continue to stay on H4 as long as theI-94 is valid. If you want your H1 to be active you can do a COS from H4 to H1

Subramanya

Comment

Please advice regarding my situation h4 and h1

Hi,
      Please advice on my situation.

1)I was on L1 and applied for change of status from L1 to h4.once this was approved(I just saw the approval had not recieved any docs) i had to traval to India becos of my health.

2)while in India i had intend to travel back on h4 after stamping.but during my stay in india my H1 gt approved in may end and i travel back on h4 stamping.does this effect my h1 which valid from 1 oct 2010.please help.

Thanks

Comment

1. ???
        2. No.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X