H4 visa application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa application

I am in the USA now on F1 OPT. I got my H1 approved recently and it will be effective on 10/1/2009. I got married after I filed the H1 application and so was not able to file H4 for my wife along with my H1 since we were not legally married at that time. My spouse who is currently in her home country wishes to apply for H4 in around November 2009. Here are my questions:

1. I do not plan to go back to my home country in short term due to my employment in the USA. So I will not have a H1 visa stamp on my passport at the time my wife applies for H4. Will that be a problem for her if she applies H4 alone in her home country without my H1 visa stamp?

2. We had a civil wedding ceremony in the USA when she visited me in May 2009. So we do not have any invitation card. What kind of proof of marriage other than our marriage certificate will be accepted other than the invitation card? We took a few photos with the wedding officiant who carried out this civil ceremony, but we did not have wedding gowns on us at that time, can that be a proof?

Thanks a lot. Have a nice day.

Originally posted by lkeanmun View Post
    I am in the USA now on F1 OPT. I got my H1 approved recently and it will be effective on 10/1/2009. I got married after I filed the H1 application and so was not able to file H4 for my wife along with my H1 since we were not legally married at that time. My spouse who is currently in her home country wishes to apply for H4 in around November 2009. Here are my questions:

1. I do not plan to go back to my home country in short term due to my employment in the USA. So I will not have a H1 visa stamp on my passport at the time my wife applies for H4. Will that be a problem for her if she applies H4 alone in her home country without my H1 visa stamp?

This is not a problem. Provide her with your current approval notice with I-94. (copy)

2. We had a civil wedding ceremony in the USA when she visited me in May 2009. So we do not have any invitation card. What kind of proof of marriage other than our marriage certificate will be accepted other than the invitation card? We took a few photos with the wedding officiant who carried out this civil ceremony, but we did not have wedding gowns on us at that time, can that be a proof?

Marriage certificate is enough. All else is only supporting documentation. She can explain if asked.

Thanks a lot. Have a nice day.
    answers above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X