Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India during visa extension

Hi,
    Current H1B visa expires on Sep 2009 & planning to extend the visa.Since I am in in project planning to send wife & kid to India for short term.
    #1.Can wife & kid re-enter without stamping since I am inside US?
    #2.Whether they can appear for visa stamping in India without me?I guess this is not possible.Need clarification.

LMK your comments.
    Appreciation for your guidelines.

Thanks!

Hi,
    Current H1B visa expires on Sep 2009 & planning to extend the visa.Since I am in in project planning to send wife & kid to India for short term.

--- If your employer is filing for your H1B extension, it is better to file for your wife and kid's H4 extension at the same time.

#1.Can wife & kid re-enter without stamping since I am inside US?

--- If you are not planning to file for an extension for your wife and kid and if they have unexpired H4 visa valid till Sep 2009, they can leave the US and return back before the end of expiration of the visa stamp.

#2.Whether they can appear for visa stamping in India without me?I guess this is not possible.Need clarification.

--- They can appear for the visa stamping without you. The only hitch there would be if you have filed for your H1B extension, then the VO might issue them a 221g explaining them to return to the consulate with your new H1B petition (when it gets approved).

LMK your comments.
    Appreciation for your guidelines.

Thanks!

Rajesh

Comment

Thanks Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...