Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B approval only for 6 months! Please help

Hi
    I applied for H1B cap and got my visa approved,but only for 6 months. i.e from 1 st October 2009 to 31st March 2010.As per my understanding initial H1B approval is for 3 years.I would like to know the reason as why my H1B was approved just for 6 months ...Is this due to below reasons or something else?

1)H1B petition not prepared properly by company's attorney?
    2)I am working on F1 visa , do the years worked on F1 visa also counted?
    3)Or is this a error on the part of USCIS?
    4)or the service contract, statement of work, or a purchase order was shown as 6 months by company's attorney...

Please also help and suggest as what should be my future course of action:

1)Should I have to again apply for H1B extension on 1st october 2009.
    2)Should I have to contact my company's attorney and ask him/her to again file a petition for 3 years regarding H1B approval?
    3)Or should I have to contact USCIS .?

Thanks a lot for your cooperation!
    Last edited by neelamrakhi; 06-15-2009, 12:18 AM.

Don't confuse H1B permit with visa (as many would do). Visa is just to gain entry to US. If you enter in that time, you can still work for 3 years.

Comment

Your question is not very clear! Are your right now on OPT and F1? H1 B I 797 is different from the H1 B visa. You need a Visa to enter the US. if your I 797 approval and I 94 is only for 6 months you can work for 6 months. If your I 94/I 797 is valid till 3 years you can work for 3 years.

Comment

H1B approval only for 6 months! Please help

Thanks for the reply
        Question rephrased:
        I am working in USA on F1 visa , I did got my I797 approval with I 94 but it is only valid for 6 months ....I just want to know the reason as why it is just 6 months instead of 3 years....is it due to below reasons

1)H1B petition not prepared properly by company's attorney?
        2)or the service contract, statement of work, or a purchase order was stated as 6 months by company's attorney...

Please help...

Comment

Are you working on F1 visa?or OPT? F1 visa is a student visa!

Comment

If the contract/work order provided was valid for 6 months, USCIS would have approved the H1b for only the period of the work order.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X