Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and L1 extension

Hello

I would like to tell little bit about my back ground, I am working in US in L1B visa and it is going to expire on October 2009 and my company tells me to apply for L1 extension. I had applied for H1B in 2008 quota and it was picked in lottery, I am not planning to process my H1B this year.

1) Is there any time limit within that I should process my H1B visa since my H1b application was picked up by 2008 H1B lottery and I am planning to process my H1B visa by next year? (Or) How long can i hold my 2008 H1B petition application?

2) If I apply for L1 extension now, would that affect/make it cancel my H1B petition when I process my H1B visa in 2010?

Could anyone clarify pls

Thanks
    Viji

I would like to tell little bit about my back ground, I am working in US in L1B visa and it is going to expire on October 2009 and my company tells me to apply for L1 extension. I had applied for H1B in 2008 quota and it was picked in lottery, I am not planning to process my H1B this year.

1) Is there any time limit within that I should process my H1B visa since my H1b application was picked up by 2008 H1B lottery and I am planning to process my H1B visa by next year? (Or) How long can i hold my 2008 H1B petition application?

2) If I apply for L1 extension now, would that affect/make it cancel my H1B petition when I process my H1B visa in 2010?

---- If your H1B was approved in 2008 you should have joined that employer who has sponsored you for H1

---- You will considered to be out of status if you have not joined your h1 employer in 2008 unless you travelled overseas got a H1 visa stamp on your Passport but shocse to enter US on L1 as you had a L1 visa stamped on your Passport

---- Contact an immigration attorney at the earliest to clarify your position and status

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X