h1-b approved and waiting for biometrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1-b approved and waiting for biometrics

i just got an h1b approval on my cos and it will start on oct 2009. im in the us right now with an f1 visa. i just want to ask when can i expect to receive a schedule for the biometrics? does anyone know? and what will be taken only fingerprints and pictures? does it include physical and drug test as well?? thanks...

Where did you hear that they will call for a biometric for a H1b COS? Such a thing does not happen for H1bs. FPs are taken during visa appointments and at POE for H1bs. Only GC filings require biometrics appointment and medicals.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

is that so? so what is my next stepa after the approval? my status starts on oct 2009, right now im still an f1 right??i heard it from my aunt, but they are not really sure... so no more biometrics and physical 4 me?? tnx 4 the response

Comment

is that so?
        --Yes

so what is my next stepa after the approval?

--You should start working from Oct 1st and get paid with/without project.

my status starts on oct 2009, right now im still an f1 right??

--correct

i heard it from my aunt, but they are not really sure... so no more biometrics and physical 4 me?? tnx 4 the response

---biometrics would be taken during consular processing. In status change, its not required.
        --What do you mean by physical ? Medical Test ? Its nowhere related.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X