Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approved H1B - Can I postpone to next fiscal year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved H1B - Can I postpone to next fiscal year?

I received a notification of approval of an H1B for the FY starting Oct 2009.
    However I would like to know if it is possible to postpone changing my status to a later date... Say january 2010, or even to the next FY starting Oct 2010.
    Is this possible?
    Does the employer need to submit a formal request?

Basically I can start working this Oct 09 for this company which submitted the H1B application for me, but I have an option to stay at my current job (which is G4) for a longer period of time, and I would like to do so. I have spoken the new employer and given the current work load, they would not mind me postponing my starting date but we don't know what the legal implications are. We do not want to lose the H1B slot that I have been given starting Oct 1st 2009.
    Does my status automatically change from G4 to H1B on Oct 1st? Or do I have to quit legally somehow and travel to switch to the H1? And if this is tha case, can I do it at a later date.

Any ideas? Any comments are welcome. I have researched and mainly the questions relate to starting before the next fiscal year, which I know it is not possible. But after?

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X