Advance Parole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Parole

My wife's H1 visa has expired . Her 485 is pending, EAD is valid till Oct 2010. She wants to travel back to India and re-enter, we are advised to take the advance parole.

1. What do we write for 'the reason for travel'? What is expected for easy approval?
    They have mentioned 'attaching a 'separate sheet' for a reason' if required. Mostly she will travel for family emergencies -Illness (or even Marriages etc.)
    Is it okay to mention the same? Do we have to prove?
    2. How simple is getting the advance parole? How much time it takes? Is there any probability of problems in re-entry in spite of having advance parole? What kind of problems can come up?

Thanks

My wife's H1 visa has expired . Her 485 is pending, EAD is valid till Oct 2010. She wants to travel back to India and re-enter, we are advised to take the advance parole.

1. What do we write for 'the reason for travel'? What is expected for easy approval?
    They have mentioned 'attaching a 'separate sheet' for a reason' if required. Mostly she will travel for family emergencies -Illness (or even Marriages etc.)

Is it okay to mention the same? Do we have to prove?

---- Travel to home country should be fine. Other details are only a matter of pesonal choice, although here is no hard and fast rule

2. How simple is getting the advance parole? How much time it takes?

---- It is just a simple process. It takes 90 days. However, you should apply while you are in the US and not outside

Is there any probability of problems in re-entry in spite of having advance parole? What kind of problems can come up?

---- No issues, it is just a visa on paper and not stamped on a Passport. All verifications are as a normal visa entry

Subramanya

Comment

Class of Admission

Thanks for reply.

What do I write for Class of admission? H1B was class when my wife entered , but her I-94 is expired now. Do I need to attach now 'Old' I-94 and H1B with the application?

Actually she is using her EAD . So I will need to send EAD and I-495, that is it ?

Do I need to send only EAD or I will have to send I140 as well? [Because they had sent back my GC application for wife's I-140 in spite of EAD being attached . So I had to send it again.]
      Last edited by mumbaikar100; 07-17-2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X