in USA on H1B---No Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in USA on H1B---No Job

Hi, I am in USA on H1B Visa. I dont have any Job since i came to USA. Is there any problem if i will stay in USA on H1B Visa with out JOB. I am NOT sure when i am going to get a job.

Pl i need your advice...coz it is almost 6 months in USA without Job.

http://immihelp.comhttps://www.immih...int-procedure/

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi Thanks for your Reply,
      I dont want to do all the stuff, Just i want to know about my status.....I can simply live in USA without job.....

Comment

Originally posted by yp210605 View Post
        I dont want to do all the stuff, Just i want to know about my status.....I can simply live in USA without job.....
        --If you are getting bench pay regularly then you are safe to live like that.

--If you haven't get paid in last 6 months then you are out of status already. If thats the case then you will face problems in future.

--The stuff that txh1b have mentioned here will put you back in the status (if you are already out of status for not getting paid).
        I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

You are out of status without getting paid and are looking at nothing but problems in the future due to this.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by yp210605 View Post
            You are out of status.

Comment

So what you guys Advice.
              Shall i complain against the company or go back to India....

Comment

Did you just wake up after 15 days os posting?

http://immihelp.comhttps://www.immih...int-procedure/

Comment

Hi txh1b

I was laid off, My previous employer gave me a return ticket aswell.
                  Bu I found an employer and a project. They initiated my transfer in PP.
                  I am missing 15 days paystub.

The lawyer initiated counsellor processing. But my visa is still valid till July 2010.

Can I work once i get receipt?

If not, can I just go out and come back to US using new approval( CP one) and old visa to meet the joining date.

Or I do have to go for visa stamping in India?

Please suggest.

Thanks
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulian View Post
                    Hi txh1b

I was laid off, My previous employer gave me a return ticket aswell.
                    Bu I found an employer and a project. They initiated my transfer in PP.
                    I am missing 15 days paystub.

The lawyer initiated counsellor processing. But my visa is still valid till July 2010.

Can I work once i get receipt?

If not, can I just go out and come back to US using new approval( CP one) and old visa to meet the joining date.

Or I do have to go for visa stamping in India?

Please suggest.

Thanks
                    Paul
                    As it is a CP case, you cannot work or use H1b portability due to the out of status period. You can travel and return on existing visa after getting the approval.

Comment

Thanks txh1b

As you mentioned below,

You can travel and return on existing visa after getting the approval.

This way I will get a new I 94 and can start working for the new employer.

Is there any chance that my old visa (valid till July 2010) will not be considered valid while entering to US

I am sorry,if sounding a little repetetive.

Regards
                      Paul

Comment

Talk to your lawyer for a legal opinion. Mine is already there in the previous post.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X