Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

Hi All,

My H1B expires this September 30th and my employer is about to apply for extension early next week probably.I have a wedding to attend in India in the 1st week of August.My employer spoke to his attoney and said that i can go, even though the extension is in processing.But i read here in previous discussions that it is not advidable to travel outside US when any processing is going on.Please tell me what are the difficulties that could be faced if i travel and advise me the best.Thanks in anticipation.

Originally posted by vis View Post
    Hi All,

My H1B expires this September 30th and my employer is about to apply for extension early next week probably.I have a wedding to attend in India in the 1st week of August.My employer spoke to his attoney and said that i can go, even though the extension is in processing.But i read here in previous discussions that it is not advidable to travel outside US when any processing is going on.Please tell me what are the difficulties that could be faced if i travel and advise me the best.Thanks in anticipation.
    -- You can travel safely if you are not Transfer your H1B, you employer is same for extension Right?

I add some lines , which I not suggest Travel when H1B Transfer
    Read " It is advisable to avoid your travel during the H1B is in process. If it is absolutely necessary, you can travel. Keep in mind that your H1 transfer has been filed based on your current US employment. You will be getting new I-94 with your H1B transfer approval notice. which will be in conflict with your I-94 while entering into US after your abroad travel. So, to be on safer side, get the stamping for the new employer. "

-- OMM.

Comment

It is not transfer of visa, it is for extension and employer is same

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X