Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary & Insurance

Hi all,
    My project got ended in last week of June so my company cancelled my salary and Insurance
    But in the meantime I got another project through the same company and asked to reactivate my salary and Insurance.
    Currently I am without Insurance for a month now ,salary may be I will get together.
    Now I want to find out wheather I can complain some where about this and is it fair to complain about this .
    If yes what is the procedure ?
    Thanks

Originally posted by ussinghhi View Post
    Hi all,
    My project got ended in last week of June so my company cancelled my salary and Insurance
    But in the meantime I got another project through the same company and asked to reactivate my salary and Insurance.
    Currently I am without Insurance for a month now ,salary may be I will get together.
    Now I want to find out wheather I can complain some where about this and is it fair to complain about this .
    If yes what is the procedure ?
    Thanks
    -- as per I understand, your employer will activate same insurance after 30days. ask your employer they are activate the same on or they issued new insurance, both take mostly 30days but depend on insurance company.
    -- OMM

Comment

Salary & Insurance

Hi all,this forum has been very useful
      we get answers , solutions to every question
      Here is my question :
      Does some has an Idea.
      If a person works for a client for nearly 1 month and does not get paid for that and in the mean time he relocates to India .
      a)How can he claim his 1 month salary if company tries to deviate afterwards with regard to payment.
      b)Is it possible to launch a complain and fight for his right from India .
      c) How much it is valid for a company or in the eyes of law if the company doesn't pay now and makes a payment after 2-3 months.
      Please update with your valuable responses.
      Thanks

Comment

http://immihelp.comhttps://www.immih...int-procedure/

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Salary

Thanks for your quick reply
          I went through your link but I find there is no discussion for the following points there
          a)Is it possible to launch a complain and fight for his right from India .
          b) How much it is valid for a company or in the eyes of law if the company doesn't pay now and makes a payment after 2-3 months: is there any rule for this also.
          Thanks

Comment

a. Yes
            b. It is your status violation and the company has nothing to lose. You can fight it and get paid. That is the law.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Salary

I think my question in my previous post was not clear
              I meant to say my company is not paying me now but hope they will pay altogether after 2-3 months as I got feedback from other collegues.
              Is this type of delayed payment valid as per law or I can file a complain for this.
              experienced views are welcome.
              Thanks

Comment

State labor laws require employer to pay people within a week or two depending on the state.

Comment

Salary

Thanks a lot for your update.
                  I have requested the company concerned officials through many mails and spoken to them also , they always say they are looking in to it but nothing happens.
                  So what should I do now?
                  1.Can I file a case against the company for no timely payment and harassment.
                  2.Do we need to hire a attorney for this ? If yes then what is the fee they usually charge or I heard their fee is some % from the case if they wins.
                  3. If at all I file the case then what if the company recalls me back to India
                  a)Can I still fight the case?
                  b)Is it legal to stay if someone wants till the case is in the pending status?

Your views are highly appreciated. I may have missed out something regarding this issue ,Please add yourself if you have some different/new views.
                  Thanks

Comment

I have already provided you the link. It is not complex. Visit the page and go to the DOL page, fill up a form, mail it. You don't need an attorney.

Comment

Salary

Went through the WH4 form
                      But I see that none of the points discuss about the delay in salary payment.
                      I want to penalise them .Suggest me if I can get some extra money as they are not taking care of any laws.
                      Thanks

Comment

I am done with this thread and helping you. You were on H1b and need to know how to look up stuff rather than ask the same questions again and again and try to benefit from a situation. Do a little bit of your homework and ask questions.

Has it not been told that it depends on the state law? Delayed payment or absence of payment is the same in your case as it has not been established that you were paid earlier. Did you already get paid till now? No. How can you tell it is delayed payment? Did you look up the state law? No. You want the forum to lay it out on a platter for you and I simply lack that skill.

I will let other forum members help. Good Luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X