H1B Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension

My H1B expired in Feb2010 and my current employer will apply for extension as they have sponsored my GC on EB2 category. I have question, just incase due to when a person is on H1B extension and gets laid off what happens to their status? Do they have time to find another job and H1B sponsor?

My H1B expired in Feb2010 and my current employer will apply for extension as they have sponsored my GC on EB2 category. I have question, just incase due to when a person is on H1B extension and gets laid off what happens to their status? Do they have time to find anoyther job and H1B sponsor?

---- The day you are laid off, you have to pack off and leave the country (i.e. US). Alternately, you can find a new employer in the meanwhile (before you are laid off) and transfer your H1

---- On the day you are laid off apply for a COS to B1/B2 and continue your stay in the US and look for a H1 sponsor

---- Your application for GC can still continue as the GC will be for future employment, provided the present employer is willing to offer employment either before or after GC

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X