No announcement yet.

Customs Declaration PoE - Customs Duty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs Declaration PoE - Customs Duty?

My spouse is entering the US on a H4. At the PoE it is required to submit the Customs declaration form to the CBP.

As per the CBP website it says that visitors(non residents/citizens) need to declare approx. value of ALL commercial and personal items and that typically on the first $100 custom duty is exempt.

Any experiences on this ? My spouse would have regular clothes and stuff in her baggage and also few(regular) personal jewellery items on herself or in the handbag.

Would she be required to pay customs duty. How is it calculated. Any experiences.

Thanks

My spouse is entering the US on a H4. At the PoE it is required to submit the Customs declaration form to the CBP.

As per the CBP website it says that visitors(non residents/citizens) need to declare approx. value of ALL commercial and personal items and that typically on the first $100 custom duty is exempt.

Any experiences on this ? My spouse would have regular clothes and stuff in her baggage and also few(regular) personal jewellery items on herself or in the handbag.

Would she be required to pay customs duty. How is it calculated. Any experiences.

---- Do not get worked up on this. Normally, if you are travelling without carrying any heavy items and a lot of baggage and carrying just personal items fill the form to say that there is nothing to declare. There will be no duty and stuff that you to be concerned about

Subramanya

Comment

thanks for your reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X