Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification About H1B Approval

Hi,

I have one question about my H1B/I-140 Approval.

My H1B is approved in the current Year (2009). Actually, I am in US from last one year on L1 and client/company filed my H1B ( Status Change) and I have got the approval notice ( I-797 A) from Immigration depart as approval of my H1B.

Now I have question that

Can I change a company here after starting with the company who filed my H1b ? or there are some different process/formality for that.

Can some one explain me the process of that ?

Thanks In Advance.

Ishwar

You can change to a new H1b company from Oct 1st. The new company has to file for a H1b transfer and you need to have a copy of your current H1b approval document to do it.

The procedure is not special or different. It is still the same H1b process followed by others.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your quick help.

Actually, some told me that I need my I-140 approved/cleared from Immigration to change my job after Oct 1. I don't know that I-140 is part of I-797 A or need to get is approved separately that's why i have posted this question because right now i have just I-797 A notice from Immigration ( H1B approval notice)

Comment

It depends on how many years you have used on L1. L1+H1 max term is 6 years. If I140 is approved, you could get 3 year extensions. There is a whole lot behind this and it isn't easy to explain unless you do some self reading.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X