Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1b transfer

Hi All,

I have the following questions : Please help me !!

I filled H1b visa transfer from company A to B on May-06-2009. I got RFE stated that

1. Company has to provide sufficient work and resources available to satisfy USCIS that i will be preforming services in the specialty occupation.
    2. 3 salary slips from previous employer(from company A).

In the mean time i got a offer letter from well established company(C) asking me do to visa transfer.They are planing to start my work on or before aug 31st.

My question is :
    1. Is it possible to do visa transfer to company C while one visa transfer is pending with Company B?
    2. if yes then what all are the documents i have to submit for visa transfer.(still i didn't get the approval notice from USCIS for current employer(company B).

Sincerely,
    Mazarik

Family travel from India while H1b transfer is in Process

My family is in India right now and my H1B transfer process (Premium processing) is in progress at USCIS.

Company, which is doing the process, is asking me not to travel and to hold until the Approval is received. And to get the stamping done in India before coming to US. Looks like that process is gonna take another month or so.

Can't they travel while the process is in progress? Due to personal reasons, I'm desperate to bring the family back to US as quickly as possible. But the road blocks are strong...!!

Pls suggest.

Thanks
    Sudarsan

Comment

Not advisable to travel when the transfer is in progress. The extension (upon successful approval) might get void if you leave the country. Premium process will take only 15 days (If there are no RFE's).

Originally posted by sudarsanbr View Post
      My family is in India right now and my H1B transfer process (Premium processing) is in progress at USCIS.

Company, which is doing the process, is asking me not to travel and to hold until the Approval is received. And to get the stamping done in India before coming to US. Looks like that process is gonna take another month or so.

Can't they travel while the process is in progress? Due to personal reasons, I'm desperate to bring the family back to US as quickly as possible. But the road blocks are strong...!!

Pls suggest.

Thanks
      Sudarsan
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin. Just to be precise...travel is actually for my family who are in India right now and has valid H4 visa. I'm staying in US and not traveling out of the country. But, its the family need to take the flight to US.
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        Not advisable to travel when the transfer is in progress. The extension (upon successful approval) might get void if you leave the country. Premium process will take only 15 days (If there are no RFE's).

Comment

Your family can travel. Just keep in mind that when your transfer is approved, it will come with a new approval notice and I-94. So by showing a copy of the latest approval notice, your family can get an extended I-94 until the latest petition expiry date. If they travel with the existing approval notice, then their I-94 will be stamped only till that petition end date and you may need to apply for extension when they are in U.S (at least 3 months in advance of their I-94 expiry to be in safer side).

Originally posted by sudarsanbr View Post
          Thanks Shervin. Just to be precise...travel is actually for my family who are in India right now and has valid H4 visa. I'm staying in US and not traveling out of the country. But, its the family need to take the flight to US.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much for the information. Much appreciated..!! I'm in dire need of this kind of information.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
            Your family can travel. Just keep in mind that when your transfer is approved, it will come with a new approval notice and I-94. So by showing a copy of the latest approval notice, your family can get an extended I-94 until the latest petition expiry date. If they travel with the existing approval notice, then their I-94 will be stamped only till that petition end date and you may need to apply for extension when they are in U.S (at least 3 months in advance of their I-94 expiry to be in safer side).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X