Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Amendment Question

Hello All

I have applied for H1 B Extension. I have to urgently travel to India for my marriage. During my vacation if an approval comes for my extension, it will have a different I-94 number on it. The new I-94 would definitely not match with my other I-94 given at the port of entry. Can I use "H1 B Amendement" process to get the I-94 on the approved extension petition modified to have the I-94 given at port of entry. Does it require me to go out of the country and get the visa stamped, "Counsiling Process". Please Advice.

Thanks

Is it with the same employer of different employer? Search and read for key word "cloning" on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Same employer.

Comment

That should be it then. Clone/cloning!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

So reading your cloning/clone post if I understand correctly. I do not need to change/modify anything on the Petition. The new I-94 (Approved Extension) that I would get will prevail against the one given at the port of entry. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Yes, based on my understanding from those posts and linked memos and guidance. Discuss with your attorney as it is not suggested that one travel on a pending petition. To me, a PP case is well worth the money if I need to travel than base my status on something that have been issued as memo/guidance.

For whatever it is worth...
            These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Comment

I believe a safer work around would be that, after my LCA is cleared in a week, I would go for a H1 Premium Process to make sure the approval comes before I come back to USA. I can redirect the approval letter to my home country and use it at the Port of Entry and get the most current I-94. Howzat........

Comment

perfect! Just make sure a copy of approval is amde before it enters the mail system.

Comment

Thanks dude. Once again thanks for sharing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by kashif007 View Post
                    dude.
                    Are you sure?

Comment

You are right, I am not sure at all. Apologize, please ignore my words. Just wanted to express a simple "Thanks".

Comment

Lol

Comment

That was funny. :-)
                          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X