Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correction to Passport and Birth Cetificate

hello all,

The name of my wife's mom is spelled wrong in my wife's passport. We have been using this "wrong" name in filing for H4 etc in the past because the name on the passport has to match the name you are filling on the form.

My question is that - can we update USCIS data saying that the mom's name is wrong and we have been filling it wrong and we would like to update it so that there are no mistakes in future.

Thanks.

The name on the passport is final whether it's wrong or right. First make changes in the passport.

Comment

Originally posted by smuggymba View Post
      hello all,

The name of my wife's mom is spelled wrong in my wife's passport. We have been using this "wrong" name in filing for H4 etc in the past because the name on the passport has to match the name you are filling on the form.

My question is that - can we update USCIS data saying that the mom's name is wrong and we have been filling it wrong and we would like to update it so that there are no mistakes in future.

Thanks.
      --- USCIS Data is written wrong when you provide the such wrong info, , if the name is wrong then everywhere the name entries will be wrong.

Remember passport name is final name, you can update her passport, ask for your local RPO for correction it in Tatkal process 1-2days processing time.
      --OMM

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X