I 797 for applying H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 797 for applying H4

My husband is presently working in US and his H1B is to be effective by 1st October this year. His company files his H1B application for him in US. I now is out of the States and gonna to apply my H4 visa in my home country. May I know if I need his original I-797 as one of required document for applying H4 visa. May I submit a copy version? He now only gets the copy of I-797 and the original one is kept by the HR dept. Thank you for your help.

Show the HR the document list from VFS website and get the original for the H4 visa stamp.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thx a lot!
      anyone who get the experience to hand a copy of I-797 as the document to apply H4?

Comment

All of us do.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

So, should I ask my husband to send me his original copy of I-797?? He hasn't asked his HR for that. Thank you so much.

Comment

Yes. Read more about it on VFS and Immihelp.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X