Query....working in India/USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query....working in India/USA

If I am employed with a co. in India, and visiting the US while on Leave without Pay....can I take-up a Project of 1-2 months in the US...before joining back the company in India?

My US visa, has nothing to do my Indian employer.I also have an EAD.

Will I break any law...in the US or in India?

Thanks,
    Truth.

What visa are you coming on to USA?

And how did you get EAD?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Got EAD on L2.Pls do let me know your opinion on this matter.
      Appreciate your help in this regard.

Comment

Firstly, To work on L2+EAD, Primary L1 visa holder should be present and working in the US.

There should not be any problem if your EAD is not expired and above statement is true. But my concern is about tax filing of an income, which you would be earning in those 2 months.

Other seniors may have different say?
        I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Is the L1 holder maintaining status in US while you are visiting? If so, only then you can work. If you do you'll get a W2 and will have to file for taxes just as usually as other workers in the US.

Comment

Yes, the L1 holder is in the US itself and my EAD has not expired. So working in the US, I guess there should be no problem.

My main concern is .....can I take up a Project in the US on w2........while still being on the rolls of a company in India?

My Indian employer probably will not like this, but will I break any law, if I take this project?

I am on leave without pay with my Indian employer, so its not that I am earning at both places for the same time period, does that help?

Or....Do I need to resign from my Indian company, and only then take up this project of 1.5 months?

Appreciate everyone's opinion on this.

Comment

What you do about the Indian employer is irrelevant here. You will not violate any law in the US by working for an employer on L2 EAD provided the L1 employee is still in the US.

What happens outside the US is not relevant here.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X