Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 RFE, USCIS received response, How long needs to wait....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 RFE, USCIS received response, How long needs to wait....

I got RFE for my H1 extension. I received RFE on 27th July and responded to that RFE. USCIS confirmed that they received on Aug 21st.

Do you know who much time USCIS takes to decide approval or rejection of H1 extension?

If case gets deny and then how much time they give to pack luggages.

There is no set timeline. You begin unlawful status from date of H1b i-94 expiry and have to leave immediately.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I guess they give some time to pack your stuff. My friend got 30 days and he was on L1. His I-94 was also expired.

USCIS cannot just say leave immediately. They have to give some time.

Comment

Originally posted by h1waiting_pain View Post
        I guess they give some time to pack your stuff. My friend got 30 days and he was on L1. His I-94 was also expired.

USCIS cannot just say leave immediately. They have to give some time.
        That 30 days is to start deportation proceedings. Your illegal stay starts the day I-94 expires.

Who says USCIS cannot ask one to leave immediately?? A visa is a privilege, not a right.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

ok so those 30 days for deportation, I can use for packing. This is what I wanted to know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X