Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got H1B approval notice but employer don't take me to US

Hi,

Last year I got an approval for my H1B visa from USCIS last year but the employer that requested it for me said, after this, that they couldn't take me to the US because the project I was supposed to participate on was cancelled due to the hard crisis the US entered last year. Since then I received no further updates from this company and they also are not responding any of my emails.

So, given that my approval notice is still there (I just checked it's status on USCIS site) I wonder if that is applicable to an HB1 transfer to another company so that I could apply for another company that would hire me in the US using that approval.

Is that possible? Do I have any other options here?

Thanks,

Julio
    Last edited by julioc; 08-30-2009, 10:09 AM.

Possible. Read the FAQs and some threads on H1b section.

Last edited by txh1b; 08-30-2009, 11:04 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Last year I got an approval for my H1B visa from USCIS last year but the employer that requested it for me said, after this, that they couldn't take me to the US because the project I was supposed to participate on was cancelled due to the hard crisis the US entered last year. Since then I received no further updates from this company and they also are not responding any of my emails.

So, given that my approval notice is still there (I just checked it's status on USCIS site) I wonder if that is applicable to an HB1 transfer to another company so that I could apply for another company that would hire me in the US using that approval.

Is that possible? Do I have any other options here?

---- Yes, you can transfer your H1 to another US based company, get a visa stamped on your Passport with their name and enter Us to start working

Subramanya

Comment

Cool, thank you. I'll star looking for H1B transfer offers right away.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X