Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa

Dear Senior Members,

I am aware that the H1B quota for 2009 is still open. In this context, pls clarify the following:

1. Which is the last date for applying my H1B visa if I want to work from 1st Oct 09?

2. If I get a job offer after 1st Oct 09, can I still file my H1B application for 2009 quota?

3. What are the chances of my H1B approval (by USCIS) if I file my H1B application after 1st Oct 09?

Thanks in advance,

Neeraja
    Last edited by NeerajaN; 08-31-2009, 03:18 PM. Reason: CHANGES

1. There is no last date. You have to allow enough time for application to be approved before Oct 1st to apply as long as the quota remains open.
    2. Yes as long as the quota remains open.
    3. If the application is approvable, it will get approved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

1. 31MAR10 for FY 2010 if quota is not saturated until that time.
      2. Yes.
      3. Depends on your qualification and standing of the company filing for you and if they really have a job for you.

Comment

H1B Visa

That means, I can file my H1B until 03/31/2010 as long as the present quota is open. right?

Thanks,

Neeraja

Comment

I think Orion is wrong. If the quota remains open past 4/1/2010, they can still apply and be counted against the current year limits until Sep 30th, 2010.

The new financial year quota starts 10/1. As a H1b can be applied 6 months prior to the start date, the 4/1 date came into picture.
          Last edited by txh1b; 09-04-2009, 10:44 AM. Reason: Typo in the date..

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Dear Txh1b,

I think, in your following reply, the date should have been Sep 30th 2010 instead of Sep 30th 2009 - right?

" I think Orion is wrong. If the quota remains open past 4/1/2010, they can still apply and be counted against the current year limits until Sep 30th, 2009.".

Thanks,

Neeraja

Comment

yeah, should be 2010.
              This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Yes, corrected.

Comment

HIB Visa

Dear Txh1b, Orion, Kabkaba,

Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate your help.
                  It is refreshing to note that " immihelp" has answers to all our questions.

Thanks again!

Neeraja
                  Last edited by NeerajaN; 09-08-2009, 10:26 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X