H1 from same employer similar job ?? Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 from same employer similar job ?? Please help

Below are the 2 listed jobs.. I am currently working as 15-1051.00 Computer Systems Analysts for YYYY comp... I have been working for more than 3 years.. They are planning to file my GC soon..

If i shift my role to 5-1031.00 Computer Software Engineers, Applications within the same company, would the company have to file new H1 ??

Also I know for a fact that you cannot count current employer exp for GC. If i start working for the same employer on 15-1031.00 Computer Software Engineers, Applications , is it more than 50% different in role so i can count my 3 years experience when applying my GC ??

please guide me on this..

15-1051.00 Computer Systems Analysts
    Analyze science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software. May supervise computer programmers.

15-1031.00 Computer Software Engineers, Applications
    Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.

I dont think these jobs are 50% different to qualify for using your experience during your GC.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Does any1 have different opinion on this ?? Please help..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X