Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa withdrawn, New H1 petition...Need Info

Hi All,

I am in India, have a visa stamp till 2011 and havent travelled to US on H1 yet. Since my employer was unable to find a project he said he has withdrawn H1 and asked me to find a new employer and I wont be subject for cap.

1.Is this possible while i'm in India?
    2. Can I not travel with the stamped visa i have... coz I read revoke usually takes 2 months or more?
    3.Is the process same as applying a h1 petition? Will this petition also be approved?
    4.Do I have to re-stamp again? or just the new h1 petition approval enough to travel?
    5.Anyone....pls provide details of employers/consultants who can help me.

Please answer these...Apologies if the questions are stupid and already answered in any discussion...but i wanted to ask specific to my situation..

Also any info regarding my situation would be appreciated.

Thanks all

1. Yes
    2. No. It is fraud to enter. Once you get a new sponsor and a approved H1b, you can travel using the same visa and new approval.
    3. Yes. It will get approved on it's merit.
    4. #2.
    5. You have to do your own research.

And yes, spend some time on the forum. These have been answered over and over again.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi, Thanks for answering.

I have last one question.

I have had 2 H1 approvals in 2008-2009 from 2 different comapny. company A has withdrawn now which I have a visa stamp on...I am planning to use the other company B approval to travel to USA. I am in contact with the second H1b employer as well.

I hope this should be fine...?

Thanks and Regards

Comment

Hi All,

Anybody any input on this question? Thanks in advance....

Comment

Read the FAQs. You have been given an answer that it is fine. Visa from any employer can be used to enter with a valid I797 approval from another employer that has a valid and genuine job offer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X