Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help 221G Blue form

Hi Folks,
    I went for visa renewal today in chennai, VO asked only couple of questions like who is my employer, my total experience and he looked at my son asked if he is US citizen and he was checking for some information in system of 4 to 5 mins, finally he said your visa is been approved but your petition details is not there in PIMS system, the processing normally takes 5 working days... does any faced this problem, kindly let me know if my visa is granted..

Unfortunatly he never asked any of my papers he only looked into offer letter of my company and i had project in hand which was immediate start, kindly help if someone has similar problem..

Lots of people have faced this problem. That is why it is better to check with the consulate whether your PIMS information is already updated in their system or not and then schedule an interview. If the VO told you that your visa is been approved, then he/she is just waiting for your PIMs info to get updated into their database before stamping the visa. You are all good. You should get your visa in 2-3 weeks time (max).
    Last edited by shervin143; 09-09-2009, 12:00 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

PIMS Query

Thanks Shervin, your words every encouraging, keeping my fingers crossed, I was not even aware of PIMS query....

kindly let me know if someone has faced similar problem from chennai consulate and how long it took to get your visa stamped..

Comment

PIMS Verification

Hi
        I would like to know is your visa got stamped in your passport.How long it has taken for PIMS processing?

Recently i attended H1 Visa in hyderabad one week back,even i faced the same problem VO said Visa is been approved it takes 1 week to get my passport.He has taken petition i797 original,passport,ds-156,ds-157.
        Now when i called them they said they are doing PIMS checking.

Does anyone visa got rejected after PIMS verification?

Thanks in advance

Comment

PIMS Verification

Hi Krishna,
          Even iam sailing same boat, i had attended yest interview, VO took my passport along with DS156, 157 and my petition, now keeping my fingers crossed, mine is renewal wat abt urs?

did anyone faced similar situation like us was it approved or rejected kindly update

Originally posted by krishna066 View Post
          Hi
          I would like to know is your visa got stamped in your passport.How long it has taken for PIMS processing?

Recently i attended H1 Visa in hyderabad one week back,even i faced the same problem VO said Visa is been approved it takes 1 week to get my passport.He has taken petition i797 original,passport,ds-156,ds-157.
          Now when i called them they said they are doing PIMS checking.

Does anyone visa got rejected after PIMS verification?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Mine is first time H1 stamping (L1 to H1)

Comment

PIMS Query

Did you receive your passport? what did VO check in blue form is it adminsitrative processing or petition details not there in PIMS database?

Mine is first time H1 stamping (L1 to H1)

Comment

Hi,

I got my passport after 4 working days.

Comment

PIMS Query

Congrats Krishna..

I am still waiting...

VO took my and my wife DS156, DS157 and passports of mine and my wife.. my orginal petition is with me.. Did VO took your petition paper also?

Hi,

I got my passport after 4 working days.

Comment

yes..he has taken the petition original..i got it back while collecting my passport.

Comment

PIMS Query

Cool buddy.. your lucky.. me still waiting and I might loose project also..

yes..he has taken the petition original..i got it back while collecting my passport.

Comment

h1b extension stamping experience in hyd

Hi,

I am planning for h1b extension stamping in hyderabad early next week. Please share your experiences and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Kumar

Comment

PIMS Query

Hello Kumar, Be prepared for PIMS query that might delay for you to return back to states.

Good Luck..

Originally posted by kumardv View Post
                          Hi,

I am planning for h1b extension stamping in hyderabad early next week. Please share your experiences and suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Kumar

Comment

PIMS Query

Hello All,
                            I have received my passport today after successful PIMS Query...

Date of interview: 09/09/09
                            Total no. of days taken for PIMS query 7 working days..

Comment

PIMS Delay In Buenos Aires Consulate

I had my interview my O1 extension ( 2nd consecutive year) at BA consulate on August 10th, 2010. I got the 212g green sheet with a Pending PIMS verification, (This is the first time this happened).As today, no response.
                              Is something we can do to avoid this painful wait??.
                              Appreciate any feedback

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X