Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS156 problem

I have some doubts in DS-156 form

1)I am working in a company ,so In Que 16 in "Business Phone Number". What should i write.
    Should i write the phone number of my company or what.

2)I am working as a software Engineer in a company , so in Que 21 in "Present Occupation".
    What should i write.
    Should i write "In Service" or "Software Engineer" or just "Employee" or what

3)In Que 25 That says "Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. who you will be staying with or visiting for Tourism or Business".
    what Should i right as i am going to the US for the first time for working in a company ,and i have no-one known to me there with whom i can stay.

1)I am working in a company ,so In Que 16 in "Business Phone Number". What should i write. Should i write the phone number of my company or what.
    >>>>> All phone numbers in Qn: 16 should be local numbers. You can enter your home phone number in place of business number if you don't have a business phone number. You can enter your office phone number if you can be reachable @ that number.

2)I am working as a software Engineer in a company , so in Que 21 in "Present Occupation". What should i write. Should i write "In Service" or "Software Engineer" or just "Employee" or what
    >>>>> Should match with your current offer letter/relieving letter.

3)In Que 25 That says "Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. who you will be staying with or visiting for Tourism or Business". What Should i right as i am going to the US for the first time for working in a company ,and i have no-one known to me there with whom i can stay.
    >>>>> Where will you stay when you reach U.S? This cannot be a hotel address/ hotel phone number. Get these details from your employer. If you will be staying @ your employer's guest house, you can enter that address and phone number.
    Last edited by shervin143; 09-11-2009, 06:34 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

1) in Que 16 "business phone number",

if i write "None" would it be fine ...

is it necessary to write Home or company phone number
        As they have asked for Home phone Number seprately
        and at company phone number i will not be Reachable directly.

2) In my US company i have been given a post of "programmer analyst"
        and in my current company in india my post is of "software engineer"

so in Que 21 in "Present Occupation" what should i mention among the
        two.

3) In Que 25 That says "Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S.
        who you will be staying with or visiting for Tourism or Business"

should i write "None",

As it is just asking for the Name and telephone number
        of the person with whom the candidate will stay

i think the place where i will stay in US is to be
        mentioned in Que No 24 which asks
        "At What Address Will You Stay in The U.S."

Comment

1) in Que 16 "business phone number",

if i write "None" would it be fine ...

is it necessary to write Home or company phone number
          As they have asked for Home phone Number seprately
          and at company phone number i will not be Reachable directly.

>>>>> Since you are already entering your home phone and mobile, it is okay if you are not directly reachable in your office number. People who go for renewals, won't have a buinsess number in the home country. So they will enter their home number in place of the business number as well and it has never been a problem.

2) In my US company i have been given a post of "programmer analyst"
          and in my current company in india my post is of "software engineer"

so in Que 21 in "Present Occupation" what should i mention among the
          two.

>>>>> Try to match it with the offer letter of your present job. You can enter "Software Engineer".

3) In Que 25 That says "Name and Telephone Numbers of Person in U.S. who you will be staying with or visiting for Tourism or Business"

should i write "None",

As it is just asking for the Name and telephone number
          of the person with whom the candidate will stay

i think the place where i will stay in US is to be
          mentioned in Que No 24 which asks
          "At What Address Will You Stay in The U.S."

>>>>> If you already have a correct address to fill for Que 24 (Which should not be a hotel address), then you can answer "SELF" in place of Que 25. Or you can repeat the same address that you entered in Que24.
          Last edited by shervin143; 09-13-2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

1) But those people come for renewals from the US,
            so they don't have any "business phone number" here in india so it's ok for them to write Home phone number in "Business Phone Number" field,

but i am going for the first time and i am in india so would it be fine for me to write home phone number in "Business phone number" field..

as i told you that i am not reachable directly at office number ,

I have two seprate home phone numbers ,so should i write the same number in "business phone number" and "home phone number"
            or can i write my first residential phone number in "Home Phone number" field and second residential phone number that i have in "business phone number" field.

3)In ques 24, only "Address where Will You Stay in The U.S." is asked not name and phone number,
            but
            in ques 25 "The name and Home phone , business phone and cell phone number of person is asked with whom the candidate will stay".. but not the Address

where should i write "SELF" in ques 25, at Name column or where ....and which "Home phone number ,business phone number and cell number" should i mention...

should i write the phone number of company but they haven't asked for organisation's...

if company would allocate me guest house in that case also whose Name and phone numbers should i mention in ques 25(Address is not asked in ques 25).

Comment

1) But those people come for renewals from the US,
              so they don't have any "business phone number" here in india so it's ok for them to write Home phone number in "Business Phone Number" field,

but i am going for the first time and i am in india so would it be fine for me to write home phone number in "Business phone number" field..

as i told you that i am not reachable directly at office number ,

I have two seprate home phone numbers ,so should i write the same number in "business phone number" and "home phone number"
              or can i write my first residential phone number in "Home Phone number" field and second residential phone number that i have in "business phone number" field.

>>>>> What is the point of giving a phone number in which you are not reachable? It doesn't matter so much. If you have two home phone numbers, then go ahead and write them in both the boxes.

3)In ques 24, only "Address where Will You Stay in The U.S." is asked not name and phone number, but in ques 25 "The name and Home phone , business phone and cell phone number of person is asked with whom the candidate will stay".. but not the Address where should i write "SELF" in ques 25, at Name column or where ....and which "Home phone number ,business phone number and cell number" should i mention... should i write the phone number of company but they haven't asked for organisation's...
              if company would allocate me guest house in that case also whose Name and phone numbers should i mention in ques 25(Address is not asked in ques 25).

Where exactly are you planning to stay when you reach U.S? Have you already found a house to live or that your employer is providing you a guest house?

If you have already got a house/apartment to stay

Name: SELF
              Home Phone: The home number of the house/apartment where you will be staying in U.S
              Business Phone: Get it from your U.S employer and write it here or you can leave it blank.
              Cell Phone: You can leave it blank. Since you are travelling for the 1st time, you won't be having a cell phone number.

If you are going to stay at the guest house provided by your employer

Name: Get it from your employer. Probably someone is already staying there. If you are going to be by yourself, then you can write SELF.
              Home Phone: The guest house number where you will be staying in U.S
              Business Phone: Get it from your U.S employer and write it here or you can leave it blank.
              Cell Phone: You can leave it blank. Since you are travelling for the 1st time, you won't be having a cell phone number.

If you are going to stay with a friend

Name: Your friend's name
              Home Phone: The house number where you will be staying in U.S

I don't think I could be any more clear.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X