Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2 expired visa- Valid dependent OPT status- Recnt H4 approval- Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 expired visa- Valid dependent OPT status- Recnt H4 approval- Problem?

Hi all
    Please Help me in this issue:

i entered USA in with a F2 visa ( my husband was on F1 status) the visa officer gave me visa only for 10 months...

in the mean time , my husband completed his course and got a job while in OPT status... My F2 visa expired in june 2009, but i have VALID Dependent-OPT so i am over staying my expired visa (F2) hence i continued living in USA,

Recently my husband got H1 and i got H4 approval.. we are planning to go to INDIA for stamping..

PLEASE TELL ME IF I SHOULD WORRY about stamping.. will it be a problem :-
    a) to travel to india with expired visa stamp inmy passport? will immigration in India Remark?

b) will it be a problem for my H4 stamping?

Please Advice me on this matter... Thank You

Visa is a document that needs to be valid at the time of entry. To leave US, there are no restrictions other than you may require a Schengen visa based on the airline you travel in to reach India. Check that out. As long as your I-94 is unexpired, you will not have a problem with visa stamping. Read more and try to understand the rules.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X