Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Citizenship / Indian Citizenship for child?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizenship / Indian Citizenship for child?

Hi All,

If I have to settle in India, which citizenship is recommended for baby, Indian or American.

Currently I am waiting on my H1 extension approval and we are expecting baby in Dec 1st week. My 240 days limit will end in December last week. So wondering to opt for baby birth in India or America.

Are there any disadvantages of getting American citizenship for baby and moving back to India? Wondering if I will have to pay huge NRI school fees in India....

If opting to give birth in India and come back to USA in future what are the disadvantages?

Thanks in advance
    Ajay

Originally posted by smilingajay View Post
    Hi All,

If I have to settle in India, which citizenship is recommended for baby, Indian or American.

Currently I am waiting on my H1 extension approval and we are expecting baby in Dec 1st week. My 240 days limit will end in December last week. So wondering to opt for baby birth in India or America.

Are there any disadvantages of getting American citizenship for baby and moving back to India? Wondering if I will have to pay huge NRI school fees in India....

If opting to give birth in India and come back to USA in future what are the disadvantages?

Thanks in advance
    Ajay

-- Advantage: Baby will USA citizen by birth, this is the big advantage, I seen some people specialy hide pregnancy during interview time for turist visa, I founded 2 cases they hide 5months pregnancy and they get 6months tourist visa, one in Atlanta GA, second is Colorado spring CO they born baby I know both of them personaly and they paid high fees for delevery in USA hospital because they dont have good inssurance. people are crazy to get baby's USA citizenship. your baby will born to USA than sure USA citizen for his/her life time.

disadvantages: lots, you have to pay high fees in India (from school level to College), you have to pay USA passport fees in dollars(when you need to renew after expiry or new passport).
    Birthcerty you have to pay for this certy in USD.
    I never heared that USA citizenship will canceled if he/she not in the USA, its for his/her life time as I know about USA Citizenship.
    -- OMM
    Last edited by OMM; 09-17-2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

thank you OMM, I have another relevant question -

After having baby in USA and if we go to India and take Indian Citizenship for child, then in future when she turns 18 can she apply for US Citizenship as she born here?

Thanks
      Ajay
      Last edited by smilingajay; 09-17-2009, 04:59 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by smilingajay View Post
        thank you OMM, I have another relevant question -

After having baby in USA and if we go to India and take Indian Citizenship for child, then in future when she turns 18 can she apply for US Citizenship as she born here?

Thanks
        Ajay
        -- baby is also known as an Indian origin, don'tworry your baby is USA citizen upto baby is live (life time).

-- OMM

Comment

Read below for more info on dual citizenship.

The concept of dual nationality means that a person is a citizen of two countries at the same time. Each country has its own citizenship laws based on its own policy.Persons may have dual nationality by automatic operation of different laws rather than by choice. For example, a child born in a foreign country to U.S. citizen parents may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country of birth.

A U.S. citizen may acquire foreign citizenship by marriage, or a person naturalized as a U.S. citizen may not lose the citizenship of the country of birth.U.S. law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one citizenship or another. Also, a person who is automatically granted another citizenship does not risk losing U.S. citizenship. However, a person who acquires a foreign citizenship by applying for it may lose U.S. citizenship. In order to lose U.S. citizenship, the law requires that the person must apply for the foreign citizenship voluntarily, by free choice, and with the intention to give up U.S. citizenship.

Intent can be shown by the person's statements or conduct.The U.S. Government recognizes that dual nationality exists but does not encourage it as a matter of policy because of the problems it may cause. Claims of other countries on dual national U.S. citizens may conflict with U.S. law, and dual nationality may limit U.S. Government efforts to assist citizens abroad. The country where a dual national is located generally has a stronger claim to that person's allegiance.

However, dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws, particularly if the person later travels there.Most U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship.Most countries permit a person to renounce or otherwise lose citizenship.

Information on losing foreign citizenship can be obtained from the foreign country's embassy and consulates in the United States. Americans can renounce U.S. citizenship in the proper form at U.S. embassies and consulates abroad.
          Last edited by shervin143; 09-17-2009, 06:17 PM.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X